Tuesday 13 January 2015

Nars Sheer Glow: Beauty




When people ask me about my skin, I panic. I have been dubbed the 'queen of concealing' however, it took a few disappointing products to get there. Covering up my blemishes has become an everyday task I just deal with but under a layer of well blended foundation and concealer is a far from perfect canvas. I put my good, 'glowy' looking finish down to my holy grail foundation. And that foundation, ladies and gentlemen is Nars Sheer Glow. I found an hour or two for myself a few months ago and I took a trip to Bluewater to purchase this product that I'm sure anyone with a slight beauty interest (or is friends with me) has heard of.

Yes, I was late with the Sheer Glow beauty craze and I apologise. Since I'd heard of this product and the legends that surround it, I wanted to try it. The fact that it's a 'holy grail' foundation for many people suggests that it's worth the hype. I won't bore you with the details, you've heard it all before but, I really love Sheer Glow. I'm just so happy with it. The Nars counter lady tested me with two of the shades but actually we both decided on the same one, 'Santa Fe'.

Described as a 'glowing, natural radiant finish foundation with sheer and buildable coverage that immaculately evens skin tone', Sheer Glow ticks all the boxes. Nars also quotes that it hydrates skin and makes it 'more luminous, softer and smoother'. I agree with this almost completely and as it's the best foundation I've tried, I'm hesitant to complain about it.

The shade is lovely and compliments my skin very well. As well as this, there is no SPF which avoids the slimy look for flash photography. It looks natural on the skin and this is partly because it's easy to blend. The coverage is a great medium and could be built up to full coverage if needed. It glides on beautifully but still feels weightless which is an immediate pro for me. I absolutely love the coverage because a little goes a long way with this product. If I'm having a horrible skin day and I need a tad more coverage, I'm not wasting too much of the product. 

Nars suggests that the best method of application is with fingers and although I'm a bit of a germaphobe and prefer not to touch my face, it tends to be easier to work in with fingers. It certainly gives you a nicer finish but I also like to use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply this foundation. I was actually surprised because the name is completely misleading. Whilst brilliant at covering blemishes, the foundation isn't sheer or glowy. A small amount of product hid my redness and acne scars effortlessly. I tend to stay away from shiny products so the word 'glow' worried me. But, it genuinely makes the skin look flawless, refreshed and alive.

With no added fragrance to suit normal and dry skin types, my temperamental skin loves it. However (and this is a common point made by many about the Sheer Glow) it tends to slightly cling to dry skin patches. I have learnt to control my dry skin so this isn't too much of an issue but, around my nose and eyebrows where I tend to get dryness, it highlights it. My only other reason for disappointment with this product is the bottle. Now the clean glass with the iconic Nars name is simplistically glamorous but the fact that you have to buy a pump separately is a bit silly. 

Being the most expensive single beauty product I've bought at £31, it's not kind to my credit card but 100% worth it. This is my new go-to foundation for everyday wear but, I recommend giving you skin a break from the full coverage once in a while. My biggest mission now is to force all my friends (especially those on this blog) to save up for it and I may even have to take them all to Nars to get swatched!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs