Tuesday 24 February 2015

Favourite Dresses & Make-up Looks | Oscars 2015

I love the Oscars. Correction, I love every award ceremony. I love the idea of celebrating pure talent and kind nature. Buttttt, I also love the glitz and glam and so I thought I'd share with you my favourite looks from the night.

Favourite Dresses
Anna Kendrick - Peach is a risky colour, especially in the winter but Anna Kendrick pulls it off flawlessly. She shows off her perfect petite figure with minimalist sparkle.
---
Rosamund Pike - Possibly my favourite dress from the night, a stunning red number never goes wrong.
---
Chloe Grace Mortez - Floral, silky, lacy and pretty. Chloe's dress even has pockets.
---
Emma Stone - I am biased as I adore Emma. Her golden/green dress twinned with her pale skin and gorgeous ginger hair is a match made in heaven.

Reese Witherspoon - This lady still isn't showing any sign of aging and the black and white number flaunts her waist to hip ratio brilliantly.
---
Rita Ora - A glamorous black and silky custom Marchesa dress with gold detail. Rita looks incredible and I don't think many people can pull off a mermaid style dress.
---
Jennifer Lopez - Again, believe it or not JLo is 45 but looks about 22. This is another of my absolute favourites as the golden princess-like gown compliments her glowing complexion amazingly.
---
Felicity Jones - The decorative top of the silky, silvery gown adds just the right amount of detail to her outfit.

Sienna Miller - A lacy black number complete with bows that still manages to look effortless and elegant.
---
Jennifer Aniston - Showing off her curves and covered in sparkles, this dress makes Aniston glow.
---
Scarlett Johansson - The deep green low cut dress with a matching necklace flaunts Johansson's fabulous figure. She even wore mis-matched earrings which looked really cool.
---
Guiliana Rancic - Matching lace and red for a red carpet is a definite win. Then again, I love anything red.

Favourite Looks
Kiera Knightley - A strong brow, amazing cheekbones and pink lips gives Knightley natural beauty.
---
Reese Witherspoon - A gentle smokey eye and a nude lip is another simple and youthful look.
---
Margot Robbie - I think I'm in love with her and her instant glamour. An orangey full lip  with simple eyeliner makes her blue eyes look ahhh-mazing.
---
BeyoncĂ© Knowles - Not that she doesn't always look flawless but the coral/pink lip is great.


Carmen Ejogo - My favourite lip of the evening. The raspberry shade is to die for. Paired with a wash of coordinating blush, this look wins all the awards.
---
Emma Stone - As usual, Emma's sexy curls and another peachy/orange lipstick makes her pale skin look incredible.
---
Lady Gaga - How great (and normal) does Gaga look? A unique flare with red accessories but, a warm and shimmery eye makeup and a bold red lip is perfect for the Oscars.
---
Jessica Chastain - She killed it with a simple 60's cat eye and her trademark red lip/mermaid wave combo.

Sienna Miller - Simple, heavy liner and flawless glowy skin makes a gorgeous glam look for Sienna.
---
Felicity Jones - Felicity's after-party look is very Audrey Hepburn-esque with a dark smokey eyeshadow look and bright lip to bring out her blue eyes.
---
Chloe Grace Mortez - Her after-party look is so grown up and classy I'm jealous. Again, a bright lip to contrast with a dark outfit and eyes.
---
Rosamund Pike - Simple and elegant and pretty much flawless. If I had her skin, I'd be content forever.


Rita Ora - Although I very highly doubt she did it herself, if I could do eyeliner flicks like that I would do them everyday. Rita's strong brow and amazing cheeks add to the whole look.
---
Dakota Johnson - Another look I really love. A beautiful dark and well blended smokey eye and a classic lip.
---
Chrissy Teigen - Unbelivable beauty. The burgungy lip is my favourite part of this look. I love me a dark lip!


The Academy Awards were and always are an incredible, glamorous occasion. I loved the Oscars this year. I am as always so proud of Neil Patrick Harris in everything he does and for hosting such a great show. Roll on 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs